The exhibits it’s mostly of finds from Pythagoreion area, classified chronologically and thematically. Presents aspects of the historical and cultural development of ancient Samos from the Neolithic era (4th millennium BC) to late antiquity (7th century AD.).
it is one of the largest and most popular organised beaches of the island, with medium size pebbles and crystal clear waters. The great length of the beach gives you the opportunity to choose whether to sit at the sun beds and umbrellas, by choosing among the many beach bar, or to isolate at the east or west of the beach, to be more natural away from the crowds. The beach is organized, mostly at the middle, where “comes” the road from the town of Samos and Pythagoreion.
It’s one of the most famous beaches of Samos. The great length and width of the beach (with many access points), making it comfortable and quiet, with choice of one of the many bustling beach bar or isolate yourself with your own umbrella. The water is crystal clear, with some wind days (mostly direction from the land to the sea), during the summer period.
Ireon Settlement was the seaport of Pagondas and Mili villages. The old settlement consisted of a few fisherman huts which were built on the beachfront. They came here, mostly during the summer months for fishing, and during the winter moved to the villages Pagondas and Mili, which are a little higher at the northwest.
The Exhibitions includes five departments, Paleontological, Zoological, Rocks and Minerals, marine life, Botanological, which are further supported by similar laboratories.
The village is oriented to the north, on a slope with 40% grade and this giving the impression of a balcony over the Aegean Sea, with excellent view from east to the west and reaches till Chios island and Asia Minor coast. It’s a preserved traditional village, with plenty of water, surrounded with lush vegetation, vineyards and orchards.
The ‘monastery of “Profiti Elia” (Greek Προφήτη Ηλία = Prophet Elias) founded in 1625 by the monks Neofilos and Gregorios, who were monks in “New Monastery” of Chios.
The museum includes several halls which travel the visitor in times of traditional winemaking and barrel manufacturing. There are tools that are used by coopers era. Characteristic is the huge wooden tanks that have been preserved until today and impress with their size, the largest is 80 tons.
The General State Archives of Samos prefecture (G.S.A.), is the current name of “Samos Historical Archive”, which is evolution of “Samos public archives” that was created in 1882 by the Hegemonic administration, in order to retain archives of public services of the autonomous state of Samos.
It is a picturesque pebble beach, with calm waters as protected by the small bay where it is located. An interesting activity is snorkeling at the the rocky little bays to the north side of the beach. On the beach mainly frequented locals from the city and the hotels guests.
one of the most popular beaches of Samos in which frequented Locals from Karlovasi town. The waters are crystal clear, the scenery is very interesting and invites exploration. The sunset is beautiful and is worth to see. From here you can go to Micro Seitani and Megalo Seitani beaches.
Metochi of Agios Ioannis Eleimonas (Greek Άγιος Ιωάννης Ελεήμονας = Saint John a merciful) was founded in 1867 or 1869 by monk Isidoro Kyriakopoulo from Marathokampo village.
The exhibits and audiovisual equipment, show the everyday life during the Byzantine period, the history of the castle, the action of Lykourgos Logothetis, the fortress architecture in the Aegean and Samos and more.