The exhibits and audiovisual equipment, show the everyday life during the Byzantine period, the history of the castle, the action of Lykourgos Logothetis, the fortress architecture in the Aegean and Samos and more.
is one of the most famous organized beaches of Samos, with crystal clear turquoise sea, in a bay which restricts the waves. The beach is surrounded by lush vegetation, olive trees and pines that create a beautiful image. At the eastern end of the beach is nudist, without being annoying for dressed.
The history of the cave begins from the ancient times, since there are indications that in the cave lived the Samian Sibyl “Phyto” (Sibyl where a women in trance who prophesied the future). In the Byzantine years and then the same cave was used as a sacred place of Christianity and as a place of asceticism.
he monastery of “Megali Panagia” (Greek Μεγάλη Παναγιά = Great Virgin Mary) or “pende ospition” (=five houses) founded in 1586 by the monks Nilus and Dionysos, who had become a monks in mount “Latros” near ancient Miletus in middle east.