SAMOS ISLAND EXPLORER | since 1998 online
Apologies, but no results were found. Perhaps searching will help find a related post.
The monk Nile, after six years stay in the Megali Panagia monastery, in 1592 came in this region and built a new chapel in honor of the Holy Cross, in the same place where they found homonym icon.
Originally built as settlement by residents of Mytilinii village, early 19th century, over the old Christian settlement ruins.
Is of the most developed touristic area of Samos island, with excellent infrastructure, because of the natural beauties, numerous and beautiful beaches and calmness that has to offer.
It is the alternative for the lovers of authentic natural beach, without umbrellas, restaurateur and other amenities. Isolated from indiscreet eyes, nudism is usual, without being declared nudist beach.
It’s mostly full of finds from the Heraion of Samos site (more about the Heraion in a following post) and contains collections with Archaic Sculpture, Pottery, Bronzes, Ivory objects, Wooden items, Clay figurines, Small objects.