Village altitude 300 m
Village land area 0,02 km2
Region averege altitude 300 m, lowland
Region land area 3 km2
Population 2011: 127, 2001: 140, 1940: 267, 1869: 130 inhabitants.
Area per person 164 m² per person.
Economy relies mainly on agriculture (viticulture, olives and vegetables). At the end of the 19th century the main crop was tobacco.
Agii Theodori village (Greek: Άγιοι Θεόδωροι) located in the center part of the island, between the mountains “Kerkis” and “Ambelos”.
The distances are: from Samos town 38 km, from Karlovasi town 7,5 Km, from Pythagorio town 29 Km and from Marathokampos village 6,5 Km.
Administratively consists the local communities of Agii Theodori, which belongs to Karlovasi municipal unit, of West Samos Municipality with Karlovasi capital.
It is one of the smallest villages of Samos island, built in a ravine, with limited views, surrounded by forests, vineyards and horticulture gardens.top
At the end of the 19th c. It was a settlement that belonged to the village of Platanos, and was called “Kavaseika”, by the first settler who was Dimitrios Kavesis, who probably came from Platanos. Later the settlement was expanded and a small village was created, and the name of the parish church of “Agios Theodoros” prevailed.top
- Follow the beautiful route to reach the villages “Konteika” after 2.5 Km and “Platanos” after 5 Km.
- Sights see of the village :
– The parish church of “Agioi Theodoroi” of the village, from where it got the name
– The public fountain that was built on July 27, 1929 and was reconstructed early in ’90s, with a sculpture by the artist George Mavrikis from the village.
– The public wash house.
- Enjoy your coffee or your food, with fine delicacies, at the village cafe, under the summer coolness of the age-old plane tree next to the church.