of Agios Ioannis Eleimonas (Greek
Άγιος Ιωάννης Ελεήμονας = Saint John a merciful
) was founded in 1867 or 1869 by monk Isidoro Kyriakopoulo from Marathokampo village.
It is simple and small metochi and built on the ruins of ancient monastery. The building has ten cells and the church is separate from the building.
The founder monk Isidoros Kyriakopoulos when at 1871 became abbot of the monastery of Prophet Elias at Karlovassi, gave metochi to the monk Kallistrato, who in his will gave to the Patriarchate of Jerusalem. From the mid 20th century took care about metochi, the unforgettable Ioannis Patchouli and today his son Priest Nickolaos Patchouli and he have it in very good condition.
Metochi located in very beautiful and peaceful location, with lots of running water and lush vegetation. Approximately at 200 m located the homonymous pebbled beach with crystal clear sea, protected from the open sea by the rocky islet “Katergo” (=sweatshops).top
- Foundation year : 1867 or 1869 by
- Founder : Isidoros Kyriakopoulos monk
- Inhabited : Occasionally by responsible
- Responsible : Priest Ioannis Patsulis
- Metochi belongs : To Patriarchate of Jerusalem
- Celebration : 12 November
- Altitude : Elevation ≈ 20 m
- Condition : good
- The surrounding area of metochi and the church is always accessible