The small monastery of Evaggelistrias Pagonda was founded in 1954 by Archimandrite Ioanni Papandoniou (from Koumeika) , while the church was built earlier in 1941 on the foundations of an ancient church that was there.
It is a nunnery, and until about 2000 lived there two nuns which were supported financially by the handiwork that make and sold. Since then, the monastery remained uninhabited.
About 30 meters west of monastery exists source (from which gets watered and the monastery) with a vaulted administer artificial tunnel, which indicates that previously lived in the area hermits or monks.
The building complex of the monastery consists of a series of cells in the east and another south, while the church is in the middle.top
- Foundation year : 1954
- Founder : Archimandrite Ioanni Papandoniou
- Inhabited : Without nuns or monks
- Responsible : –
- Celebration : 23 August
- Altitude : Elevation ≈ 430 m
- Condition : good
- Not permanently resident.