Wander through the endless dirt roads of the mountain “Ampelos” or “Karvounis”, be charmed by the lush vegetation and enjoy the magnificent view from the top “Prophet Helias” at 1.153 meters.
Mount “Ampelos” or “Karvounis” it’s the second mountain of Samos, with highest peak “Prophet Helias” in 1.153 m. with a little chapel to honor the saint. The mount located in the central region and the eastern part of Samos island.
Ampelos mountain is smooth mountain, with fertile ground, gentle slopes, plateaus and just a few craggy areas across the ridges. The vegetation is very rich, with large pine forests and other trees, which make it very pleasant the trip to the mountain.
On the mountain the road network consist of agricultural paths and dirt roads that lead till the top of the mountain. These routes start from the surrounding villages (Vourliotes, Stavrinides, Ampelos, Pandroso, Manolates and more).
Respect the environment; do not throw away rubbish or start any kind of fire.
- The mountain is covered by a large dirt road network, up to the top.
- Better access to the mountains dirt road, by car 4X4.
- There are also many hiking trails.
- There is many roads that leads to the top of Ampelos mountain, starts from the surrounding villages (Vourliotes 14 Km to the top, Stavrinides 14 Km, Ampelos 15 Km, Pandroso 6 Km, Manolates 11 Km, Mitilinii 19 km, and more).
- We suggest to start from Vourliotes village, where you will have the opportunity to visit panagia vronda monastery. From Vourliotes village, follow to the south west, the dirt road for 1.5 kilometers, where you will meet Vronda monastery. Continuing by car, for another 13 kilometers, you get to the top Prophet Helias.
- We also suggest to start from Vourliotes village, get to the top Prophet Helias and then go to Pandrosos village (6 Km from the top) at sout west site of the mountain.
- No fires
- Remove your trash when you leave