Samos unit of Aegean University was established in 1987. It’s headquartered in Karlovasi of Samos island and consists of the following departments:
• Department of Mathematics
• Department of Information and Communication Systems Engineering
• Department of Product and Systems Design Engineering
The Department of Mathematics follows the aims and educational principles originally established in 1987. The Department aims at producing high-quality graduates with such a scientific grounding that will enable them both to process the knowledge they have gained and to detect ways this knowledge can be applied. During the four years of their studies, students gain an overall view of Mathematics and the appropriate means in order to be able to discern the use and application of Mathematics in the Physical and Social Sciences as well as in Economics.
The Postgraduate Degree Programme awards the following titles,
• Master of Science (MSc) in “Mathematical Modelling in the Physical Sciences and New Technologies” (Taught Degree),
• PhD (Research Degree).
The Department of Information and Communication Systems University of the Aegean has as main objective the creation of scientists highly trained and highly creative, able to take advantage of modern information and communication technologies for the design, development and management of Information and Communication Systems . The educational work of the Department combined with extensive research, with the aim of producing new knowledge and its dissemination at national, European and international level.
The mission of the Department of Product and Systems Design Engineering is the integrated design of current and emerging products, systems and services following new approaches in the interdisciplinary area of design, that combine creative knowledge and a wide range of approaches and methodologies drawn from the sciences, recognising the human centred character of Design and the role of the arts in this, and giving significant emphasis to the use of new technologies.
The Department of Product and Systems Design Engineering provides one graduate studies program and two post-graduate (MSc) studies programs:
• Graduate Studies (5-year B.Eng. degree): Product and Systems Design Engineering
• 1st Post-Graduate Studies Program (M.Sc.): Design of Interactive and Industrial Products and Systems
• 2nd Post Graduate Studies Program (M.Sc.): Holistic Alternative Therapeutic Systems – Classical Homeopathy
University of the Aegean, Education Quality, Quality of Life,