Only one column is still standing today, preserved up to half of its original height, while the foundations are preserved up to the base of the walls and the stylobate. Began construction of the temple in 540 BC by “Rhoikos” sons, Theodore and Teleklis. The temple was never completed because of Polycrates death in 522 BC.
The General State Archives of Samos prefecture (G.S.A.), is the current name of “Samos Historical Archive”, which is evolution of “Samos public archives” that was created in 1882 by the Hegemonic administration, in order to retain archives of public services of the autonomous state of Samos.