of Agios Georgios at Marathokampos (Greek Άγιος Γεώργιος Μαραθοκάμπου = Saint George at Marathokampos) was founded before 1677, by the monk Akakios who came from the monastery of Evangelist Joannis the Theologian in Patmos.
Joseph Georgeirinis (archbishop of Samos from 1677 for 5 years), in the year 1677 mention that in this metochi they lived 2-3 monks. From this reference, conclude that the year of establishment of metochi is before 1677.
The church is Byzantine style, cruciform with a dome. Formerly there were buildings with cells all around the church, but today is only ruins and the church in fair condition.
In 1994 the monastery of Patmos (which belonged), sell metochi to the teacher Demetrio Rigli from Marathokampo.top
- Foundation year : at midle of 17th century
- Founder : Akakios
- Inhabited : Without monks
- Responsible : owner Riglis Dimitrios
- Metochi belongs : owner Riglis Dimitrios
- Celebration : 23 April. If date is before orthodox easter, then shifted at the first Monday after easter.
- Altitude : Elevation ≈ 230 m
- Condition : bad (the church in good standing, the buildings is ruined)
- Access is free to the public, metochi is not fenced.