The ‘monastery of “Profiti Elia” (Greek Προφήτη Ηλία = Prophet Elias) founded in 1625 by the monks Neofilos and Gregorios, who were monks in “New Monastery” of Chios.
The General State Archives of Samos prefecture (G.S.A.), is the current name of “Samos Historical Archive”, which is evolution of “Samos public archives” that was created in 1882 by the Hegemonic administration, in order to retain archives of public services of the autonomous state of Samos.
is of the most famous beaches of Samos. The beach protected by the bay that surrounds, is almost always calm sea waters, where it comes from and the name (as a lake). From the seabed gush out freshwater (coming from the mountain Kerkis), which make the sea crystal clear but and colder.