The General State Archives of Samos prefecture (G.S.A.), is the current name of “Samos Historical Archive”, which is evolution of “Samos public archives” that was created in 1882 by the Hegemonic administration, in order to retain archives of public services of the autonomous state of Samos.
is of the most famous beaches of Samos. The beach is surrounded by many pines creating thus a attractive picture, while the golden sand and shallow water make it appealing for swimming and child-friendly. At the east of the beach is a quite big cave for much shade and coolness.
The history of the cave begins from the ancient times, since there are indications that in the cave lived the Samian Sibyl “Phyto” (Sibyl where a women in trance who prophesied the future). In the Byzantine years and then the same cave was used as a sacred place of Christianity and as a place of asceticism.