Agios Ioannis Eleimonas beach (Greek Άγιος Ιωάννης Ελεήμονας = Saint John the gracious) located near the monastery of Agios Ioannis Eleimonas, from where it got its name. The beach is addressed to those who wish to be away from the crowds and close to nature. The “live” waters and rich seabed, will compensate you, just respect the natural environment.
The beach is next to the beach ambelakia.
- Length: 55 m
- Average width: 9 m
- Middle & big pebble
- Some wave days (the wave is not direct because the beach is protected by the bay)
- Some nature shadow
- Beach within Nature
- Mostly few people
- Dress/undress as you wish
- Located in Nature Directives (NATURA GR4120008)
- Going in slowly
- Quiet sea
- Clear water
- Mild cold water
- Beautiful schools of fish
- Great for swimming
- Drinking water fountain (at the monastey)
- No other facilities – this beach is 100% nature!
- Great for relaxing
- Snorklingwater ski
- Scuba diving (with your own equipment)
- Best accessible by car. From Kampos Marathokampou, move towards to west (to Kallithea village), for 10 km, then south (left to Paleohori settlement) for another 1.6 Km and at the crossroads follow the dirt road (medium quality), south east (left) for another 2.4 Km (till the end).
- free parking
- Hiking required for 150 m
- No fires on beach
- Remove your trash when you leave