Potokaki beach (Greek Ποτοκάκι), it’s the island’s largest beach pebbly for the most part but large parts sand. It is a polymorphic beach, giving you many options like sports or sea activities area, beach bar area, isolated from the crowd or sit in front of the settlement.
To the east of the beach is over the runway of the airport and made many airplanes takeoffs.
The beach of Potokaki, is one single beach with Pythagoreion beach, from which is separated by a small stream, at the end of the airport. The entire length of the beach is 4.5 km and is the longest beach in the island.
- Length: 3.8 Km (the longest in Samos island)
- Average width: 15 m
- Part of surround it by hotels (east part)
- Part of within Nature (west part)
- Small and medium pebble and partly Sand
- Some wind days (mostly direction from the land to the sea, no waves)
- Some nature shadow
- Part of suited for children
- Going in slowly
- Quiet sea
- Clear water
- Normal water temperature
- Great for swimming
- Showers (at the organized parts)
- Restrooms (at the organized parts)
- Changing rooms (at the organized parts)
- Sun beds and umbrellas for rent
- Beach bars
- Sport area
- Jogging path
- Beach volleyball field
- Water ski (at east, start of beach)
- Jet ski (at east, start of beach)
- Banana boat (at east, start of beach)
- Public transportation
- TAXI station at 1.2 Km (Pythagoreion town) Tel 22730 61225
- Free parking lot
- Disabled accessible
- Getting there : About 1 Km to the west from Pythagoreion town, following the road to Potokaki settlement, (junction before artificial lake). The road leads to the end of the beach. Half of the road is passable dirt road.