Without memory, there is no culture. Without memory, there would be no civilization, no society, no future. "Elie Wiesel"

Showing 10 from 34 Items

Count:
Sort by:
Order:

The collection of Samos Library department contains 34,130 volumes or 22,436 titles (7,926 titles in the Greek language, 13,581 titles in the English, 275 titles in the German language, 535 titles in the French language) and 352 journal titles of…

founded before 1677, by the monk Akakios

Metochi of Agios Georgios at Marathokampos (Greek Άγιος Γεώργιος Μαραθοκάμπου = Saint George at Marathokampos) was founded before 1677, by the monk Akakios who came from the monastery of Evangelist John the Theologian in Patmos.

founded in 1823 by unknown monks

Monastery of Agios Ioannis Theologos (in Greek Άγιος Ιωάννης ο Θεολόγος = Saint John the Theologian) was founded in 1823 by unknown monks.

The Catholic monastery Assumption of Mary, or Fragoklisias (=Franks church), as the locals call, was founded in 1901 by the Sisters of St. Joseph,. The church belongs to Catholic Archdiocese of Naxos & Tinos, but the rest building of the…

was founded in 1954 by Archimandrite Ioanni Papandoniou

The small monastery of Evaggelistrias Pagonda was founded in 1954 by Archimandrite Ioanni Papandoniou (from Koumeika) , while the church was built earlier ιν 1941 on the foundations of an ancient church that was there.