The church is located at the north-western end of Samos town, next to the Ecclesiastical Byzantine Museum and at the offices of Samos Metropolis. It is dedicated to Saint Theodore Tiron, and is celebrated on February 17.
Saint Theodore Tiron is honored with great respect in Samos island, since there are five holy Churches on the island, dedicated to his memory. Two of these, are parishioners (one in Samos town and the other in the homonymous village Agii Theodori), and the ather three are chapels, one in Vlamari area, one in the villages of Pandroso and one Koumeika.
The parish church of Agios Theodoros was erected in 1838 in the place where there used to be a chapel, dedicated to the name of the saint, which was part of Agia Zoni monastery. The construction of the new church, which was completed in 1853, was undertaken by the monk of Agia Zoni monastery, Ignatios Lachanas, brother of the Samian revoloution leader, at 1821, Captain Constantis Lachanas.
The church is built in the basilica style, with two-sided tiled roof without a dome, elongated (rectangular), divided internally, in 2 aisles. In the central aisle is the main church of Saint Theodore Tiron, while the northern aisle is dedicated to Saint Demetrius.
The temple suffered a lot of damage, from the devastating 7 R earthquake that hit Samos on October 30, 2020. On December 15, 2021, restoration work began.
- Foundation : construction started in 1838, completed in 1853,
- Celebration : February 17
- Altitude : Elevation ≈ 20 m
- Condition : Excellent
- Administratively : Parish church since 1825
- church is located at the north-western end of Samos town, next to the Ecclesiastical Byzantine Museum and at the offices of Samos Metropolis.