he monastery of “Megali Panagia” (Greek Μεγάλη Παναγιά = Great Virgin Mary) or “pende ospition” (=five houses) founded in 1586 by the monks Nilus and Dionysos, who had become a monks in mount “Latros” near ancient Miletus in middle east.
Ireon Settlement was the seaport of Pagondas and Mili villages. The old settlement consisted of a few fisherman huts which were built on the beachfront. They came here, mostly during the summer months for fishing, and during the winter moved to the villages Pagondas and Mili, which are a little higher at the northwest.
The General State Archives of Samos prefecture (G.S.A.), is the current name of “Samos Historical Archive”, which is evolution of “Samos public archives” that was created in 1882 by the Hegemonic administration, in order to retain archives of public services of the autonomous state of Samos.
is of the most famous beaches of Samos. The beach protected by the bay that surrounds, is almost always calm sea waters, where it comes from and the name (as a lake). From the seabed gush out freshwater (coming from the mountain Kerkis), which make the sea crystal clear but and colder.