Only one column is still standing today, preserved up to half of its original height, while the foundations are preserved up to the base of the walls and the stylobate. Began construction of the temple in 540 BC by “Rhoikos” sons,…
it’s a BLUE FLAG beach, with small pebbles at the beach (partly sandy) and with sand inside. The beach, protected by the homonymous bay, is suitable for families with small or older children, because the waters are quiet and shallows, the kids’ swimming pool which is near, the playground, the billiard, the ground chess and more. On the left and the right side of the beach there are rocks where anyone can go fishing with rod or with mask and snorkel.
Ireon Settlement was the seaport of Pagondas and Mili villages. The old settlement consisted of a few fisherman huts which were built on the beachfront. They came here, mostly during the summer months for fishing, and during the winter moved to the villages Pagondas and Mili, which are a little higher at the northwest.
Metochi of Agios Ioannis Eleimonas (Greek Άγιος Ιωάννης Ελεήμονας = Saint John a merciful) was founded in 1867 or 1869 by monk Isidoro Kyriakopoulo from Marathokampo village.
The monastery of Panagia Vronda (Greek Παναγία Βροντά = Virgin peal) or Vrodiani or “Kokkariani”, was founded in 1566 by the monks Iakovos and Makarios which was seeking to find a quiet place for their spiritual uplift.