he monastery of “Megali Panagia” (Greek Μεγάλη Παναγιά = Great Virgin Mary) or “pende ospition” (=five houses) founded in 1586 by the monks Nilus and Dionysos, who had become a monks in mount “Latros” near ancient Miletus in middle east.
The monastery of Panagia Vronda (Greek Παναγία Βροντά = Virgin peal) or Vrodiani or “Kokkariani”, was founded in 1566 by the monks Iakovos and Makarios which was seeking to find a quiet place for their spiritual uplift.
Ireon Settlement was the seaport of Pagondas and Mili villages. The old settlement consisted of a few fisherman huts which were built on the beachfront. They came here, mostly during the summer months for fishing, and during the winter moved to the villages Pagondas and Mili, which are a little higher at the northwest.