Karlovasi is in the northwestern part of the island, which is built above on an homonymous plain. It is the second largest city of the island and the commercial center of western Samos which has a major port serving the western part of the island.
is of the most famous beaches of Samos. The beach is surrounded by many pines creating thus a attractive picture, while the golden sand and shallow water make it appealing for swimming and child-friendly. At the east of the beach is a quite big cave for much shade and coolness.
Metochi of Agios Ioannis Eleimonas (Greek Άγιος Ιωάννης Ελεήμονας = Saint John a merciful) was founded in 1867 or 1869 by monk Isidoro Kyriakopoulo from Marathokampo village.
The exhibits and audiovisual equipment, show the everyday life during the Byzantine period, the history of the castle, the action of Lykourgos Logothetis, the fortress architecture in the Aegean and Samos and more.