he monastery of “Megali Panagia” (Greek Μεγάλη Παναγιά = Great Virgin Mary) or “pende ospition” (=five houses) founded in 1586 by the monks Nilus and Dionysos, who had become a monks in mount “Latros” near ancient Miletus in middle east.
The museum includes several halls which travel the visitor in times of traditional winemaking and barrel manufacturing. There are tools that are used by coopers era. Characteristic is the huge wooden tanks that have been preserved until today and impress with their size, the largest is 80 tons.
it’s a BLUE FLAG beach, with small pebbles at the beach (partly sandy) and with sand inside. The beach, protected by the homonymous bay, is suitable for families with small or older children, because the waters are quiet and shallows, the kids’ swimming pool which is near, the playground, the billiard, the ground chess and more. On the left and the right side of the beach there are rocks where anyone can go fishing with rod or with mask and snorkel.