he monastery of “Megali Panagia” (Greek Μεγάλη Παναγιά = Great Virgin Mary) or “pende ospition” (=five houses) founded in 1586 by the monks Nilus and Dionysos, who had become a monks in mount “Latros” near ancient Miletus in middle east.
The Exhibitions includes five departments, Paleontological, Zoological, Rocks and Minerals, marine life, Botanological, which are further supported by similar laboratories.
Only one column is still standing today, preserved up to half of its original height, while the foundations are preserved up to the base of the walls and the stylobate. Began construction of the temple in 540 BC by “Rhoikos” sons,…
Thermae complex was built in the second half of the 2nd c AD (Roman period), which joined into a single organized space including sports facilities in ancient city of Samos at 6th c BC period
The exhibits and audiovisual equipment, show the everyday life during the Byzantine period, the history of the castle, the action of Lykourgos Logothetis, the fortress architecture in the Aegean and Samos and more.